Save Ontario Shores (ie: SOS): – Citizens coalition formed to address issues voiced by Town of Yates (and Somerset) taxpayers, voters and residents regarding the proposed siting of an Industrial Turbine Complex in the Town of Yates (and Somerset):
• Health, safety, welfare, environmental and infrastructure issues that will arise as a direct result of permitting an Industrial Wind Turbine Complex in the Town of Yates (and Somerset).
• Potential plunging of property values at and around the project site, defined by APEX Clean Energy as:
» “… in the Towns of Somerset and Yates…between Route 18 (Lake Road) and Lower Lake or Lakeshore Road.”
» “In Yates…between County Line Road and North Lyndonville Road.”
SOS Issues with Industrial Wind Turbine Complex Project, known as Lighthouse Wind:
– Health Risks
• To those who live within sound, electromagnetic and light flicker fields generated by turbines and transmission lines.
– Noise and Light Pollution
• Directional, Low Frequency Sound emission from the turbines whenever turning.
• Flicker effect in daylight hours/red lights at night
– Simple geometric calculations (12inch ruler = 40inch shadow) show Turbines need to be at least 2,000 feet from nearest property line to avoid shadow flicker at this latitude (measured at 9:45am-12/21/14)
• Wyoming county residents have moved from their own properties due to these issues.